How We Collect and Use Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your account), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. We may contact you via email or other methods to advise you of changes to the website or your membership or to highlight key features or opportunities associated with your membership. Additionally we may request information from you in the form of surveys or opinion posts and the information you provide may be used to offer or provide you with additional services related to your membership.
If you create an account to use our Services, we’ll collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, city and state of domicile and phone number, as well as other types of Personal Information (“PI”). You may choose to upload certain other types of information such as your photograph, videos of you, podcasts featuring you, the names of organizations you are affiliated with, your competition results, your social media account names and other information that is not considered PI because it cannot be used by itself to identify you.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies
Information is Not Collected From Children
Our services are not directed to or intended for use by children, except for children who are registered for ObstacleEdge Services by their parents or legal guardians or with their consent. We need to use the information that you give us about your children to fulfil our agreement with you to provide our Services. Consistent with the requirements of the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the GDPR, and all other applicable laws and regulations, if we learn that we have received information directly from a child under age 16 (or age 13 in certain jurisdictions) without his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use our Services without their consent. Subsequently, we will delete such information if consent cannot be provided.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
The Security of Your Information
ObstacleEdge will maintain appropriate security measures to minimize the risk that personal data will be lost, used without authorization, or accessed without authorization. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a legitimate business need to use it. Those who process your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have implemented procedures to deal with suspected security incidents involving personal data and will notify the applicable regulators and you of such incidents as required by applicable law.
Links to Other Sites
Modifying Your Information
You can access and modify the PI associated with your account by logging into your account. If you want us to delete your PI and your account, please contact us at email@example.com with your request. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information, such as information regarding your use of the Services, may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
- Right of Access: You have the right to ascertain what type of personal data ObstacleEdge holds about you and to a copy of this personal data.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the Supervisory Authority of your Member State.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances you may request that we delete the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to Object: When we rely on our legitimate interests to process personal data, you have a right to object to this use. We will stop processing your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate interest in the continued processing.
- Right to Portability: You may request that we provide you with certain personal data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request that we transmit your personal data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected.
- Right to Restriction: You have the right to request that we stop using your personal data in certain circumstances including if you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or that our use of your personal data is unlawful. If you validly exercise this right, we will store your personal data and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
Please bear in mind that your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute and that we must be cognizant of our legal obligations. If you choose to exercise some of your rights, we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to provide the Services or otherwise achieve the purposes set forth above.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing you with access to ObstacleEdge.com. As a result, please be aware that we may transfer your information to another company that is affiliated with us or with which we have merged.
Managing Your Information/Opting-Out
You may always opt-out of receiving future email and other messages or request that your information be removed from our website or corrected. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.